NEXT BREAK ‘TARGET’ IS B1A4: EXTREMELY CUTE LOOKS AND EXTREMELY COOL SOUND
YEAR ‘12 K-POP BOY’S STRONGEST ROOKIES WILL BE MAKING THEIR DEBUT ON THE 27TH OF JUNE IN JAPAN!! (SINGLE: BEAUTIFUL TARGET)
THEY’RE FULL OF FEELINGS OF EXCITEMENT!!
The 5 member group, B1A4, with 1 member with blood type B, and 4 members with blood type B, debuted in April 2011 in Korea with their sparkling looks and strong musical sense, gathering lots of popularity in the blink of an eye. They came to Japan and did a showcase at the end of the year in 2011, and the tickets sold out completely. Their official fanclub inauguration ceremony held this year in April was a great success, and they’re in the new generation of groups from year 2012, where they’re named as huge favourites! This is a special coverage of the 5 members!
Sandeul: I heard that the Japanese fans are very gentle and quiet, but… Everyone was really active! During our fanclub inauguration ceremony yesterday, the fans really livened up the atmosphere!
CNU: It’s the first time we’ve experienced a high five session, and fans held up plates with their names, saying ‘please call us by our names’, and it was really a new experience for us. Of course, we greeted them with happy voices.
Gongchan: I think we’ve worked really hard, strongly once again, towards our Japanese debut!
The five members, who will be making their Japanese debut on the 27th of June this year. Their first single will be the Japanese version of last year’s big hit in Korea, ‘Beautiful Target’.
Jinyoung: We’re filled with feelings of excitement! Our first challenge was the Japanese lyrics. We practised really hard so that we would be able to clearly convey the feelings expressed in the song.
Baro: When I created the rap parts for the Japanese version of ‘Beautiful Target’, I wanted to find words that sounded similar to the Korean version, and they had to have the same meaning too, so I looked through the dictionary as I wrote. Although I had to think really hard about it, it was enjoyable!
Sandeul: It’s a rap song that, when you listen to it in summer, will make you feel the enjoyable atmosphere even when you are feeling down.
Gongchan: Please notice our ‘sprout dance’!
As they wait excitedly for their Japanese debut, we ask the members of B1A4, who are full of enthusiasm, about their goals for their activities in Japan.
Jinyoung: We aim to get the number 1 spot on the Oricon chart. I believe the power that will gush out from our ‘outstanding teamwork’ will tell everyone.
CNU: We want to be able to hold a concert soon in which we’ll be able to be close to our fans!
[t/n: literally, ‘in which we’ll be able to feel the breathing of our fans’]
Baro: We want to make everyone happy with the power of us five ♥ Please wait for us!
CLOSE UP Q&A:
1. What is your position in the group?
2. What would your plan be for a date this summer?
The multi-talented hyung who’s able to dance, sing and rap:
CNU (Blood type A, age 20)
1. In the dormitory in which the members of B1A4 live in, CNU is in charge of locking up for the night, doing the housework, and regretfully, inadvertently notices things about the members. Because of this, he’s called the ‘mother’ of the group. His personality is that of someone who does things at his own pace. His wide shoulders, smile and fashion sense are parts of himself that he’s confident of.
2. Watching the scenery at night while driving.
The leader who manages composing, writing lyrics, and the group’s direction:
JINYOUNG (Blood type A, age 20)
1. Jinyoung has the position of the group’s ‘father’. The part of him that he’s most confident of is his love for music and his self-taught composition. As he thinks of what he can do for the group, he studies composition and writing lyrics, and displays leadership qualities.
2. Walking in a crowd together on a busy and lively street. Watching a movie together, and walking by the sea at night is also good.
The main vocalist who’s in charge of reactions:
SANDEUL (Blood type A, age 20)
1. His character is like that of a ‘squid’, the more you chew him, the more his flavour will come out! Just like Baro, he’s a little mischievous! He’s got an energy that will brighten the atmosphere with the people around him, no matter where he is. Also, his passion towards singing will not lose to anyone!
2. A trip to the hot springs. Because he likes hot baths, he’d like to leisurely soak in the hot springs.
The mood maker with the low toned rap:
BARO (Blood type B, age 19)
1. He’s the member’s vitamin. He’s proud of how he participates in the creation of the rap parts in B1A4’s songs, and how he creates ideas with his imagination. When B1A4’s looking at the menu, deciding on what to eat, while the four members with blood type A are unable to make a decision, Baro comes to a decision on what to eat really quickly!
2. A date at the pool, or a date with swimming in the sea would be good.
The maknae of firm character, who’s full of aegyo:
GONGCHAN (Blood type A, age 18)
1. He’s in charge of vocals, and the members say he’s as cute as a puppy. He’s proud of being able to wash the dishes and clean up in their dormitory!
2. To be able to go on a trip together. He thinks that it would be wonderful to have a date by the beaches in Hawaii or by the night view in Australia.
Welcome to B1A4 Blog. Stay updated with our posts about news, events, performances, interviews and videos about of B1A4.